Jump to document

How to buy bitcoin in Estonia

Estonia
Bitcoin

Estonia is considered to be one of the strongest countries in the world in terms of economic policy stability and the development of other public spheres. Despite the fact that territorially Estonia is the smallest Baltic country, its economy regularly performs well. Estonia was one of the first to adopt amendments to the anti-money laundering law, which made it easier to conduct crypto business in the country. Therefore, it is quite simple to buy bitcoin in Estonia: you can use one of the special ATMs or do it remotely using a bank card and the convenient Itez service.

We will tell you how to purchase your first cryptocurrency in this instruction.

How to buy Bitcoin on Itez:
step-by-step instruction
1.

In order to buy bitcoin, it is not necessary to register on the Itez website. In a handy calculator, you can quickly calculate the cost of BTC based on the amount you plan to use for payment. The smallest purchase amount in dollar terms is 30 USD. By the way, the same applies to the euro - the starting purchase threshold starts at €30. Well, in our instructions, as promised, we will go through all the stages of purchase BTC for dollars step by step.

2.

After converting the currency to BTC, you will see the final result in the "You Get" field and on the "Buy" button. Click the button and enter your email address in the following window.

3.

Confirm your email with a 6-digit code sent to the previously indicated e-mail and click the "Verify" button.

4.

Specify the purchase amount in the Itez dialog box. Copy the recipient address - your bitcoin wallet - from the “Accept” section.

Important: you should not manually copy the bitcoin wallet address. The blockchain system does not give any information about bitcoin addresses problems, and if an error occurs during manual entry, all the buyer's funds may be lost.

For example, this is how the copy address button looks like in the Exodus wallet:

5.

After copying the bitcoin wallet address, paste it into the dialog box.

Check your data — it is important to make sure that the address is entered correctly.

6.

After pushing the “Card details” button, enter the required card information: card number and expiration date, the cardholder name and CVC-code — three numbers on the back of the card.

7.

Push the “Pay” button and enter the one-time bank code in the following window. As soon as the transaction receives 6 confirmations in the blockchain network, your bitcoin wallet balance will be top-up.

Important: the transaction will wait for confirmations for time. After six network confirmations, bitcoin will be on your e-wallet; when buying with Itez it will take for about 15 minutes. This is a very good speed for the Bitcoin network since transactions in the most popular blockchain network are somewhat slower than in other networks due to its properties and high load.

Banks

90% of the Estonian banking system is shared by the two largest Swedish banks - Swedbank AS and SEB Pank AS. They provide a wide range of services not only for Estonian citizens, but also for non-resident clients. The remaining 10% of the market is shared by the state-owned banks Krediidipank, Tallinna Äripank, Sampo Pank and Marfin Pank. At the same time, the user of any bank can count on a high level of service - first of all, the banks themselves are focused on this, having successfully established themselves as stable financial institutions of the country and Europe as a whole.

Bank cards

Credit and debit cards of Swedbank AS and SEB Pank AS, as well as cards of local banks, which are popular in the EU, are accepted for payment. Any world-standard cards available in Estonia are also suitable for buying bitcoin through Itez - these include Visa and MasterCard.

How to store bitcoin

An important feature of the Itez service, like bitcoin, is a high level of information security. Having a private key and a seed phrase, you can be sure of the safety of your funds, because a third party user will not be able to use your bitcoin. For a complete list of wallets, see bitcoin.org